True Grit XI
5’ 6”, 115lbs and 36 years old. Double Olympic Marathon Gold Medal Winner; world marathon record holder. First man to run a marathon in under two hours, subject of a book ‘No Human is Limited’ and a two hour Sky documentary ‘The Last Milestone’. Eliud Kipchoge.
Old school-friend and Master Coach of Sports Coaches Brian Ashton watched the documentary and made a bunch of notes exhibiting Kipchoge’s True Grit, which Brian felt defined this ordinary man and his epic journey.
Here’s what Brian thought we could all learn from Kipchoge’s story – inspirational.
- Background taught the values of hardship.
- Have a PURPOSE and DREAM to follow.
- You must suffer to achieve.
- Develop ‘BOUNCEBACKABILITY’.
- ABC mindset leads to a FEARLESS approach.
- No human is limited except by their mind (RED – BLUE).
- LOVE conquers all.
- We all need support.
- Know yourself – Equity word – Authenticity.
- Humility is the CORE to dealing with adversity.
- Live a simple life.
- Aim for ELITE = unrivalled.
- Be RELENTLESS.
- Develop an ENVIRONMENT OF CONSISTENT EXCELLENCE.
- Have an underpinning WORK ETHIC.
- Accept that 100% does not exist.
- Be happy and positive to remain relaxed and calm.
- Keep your mind in a state of FREEDOM.
- Accept and overcome NEGATIVE ENERGY.
- Control your emotions in tough times.
- Compete with yourself – no one else.