Happy People Make People Happy
I wrote a few weeks ago about Cary Cooper’s happiness-at-work habits.
Here’s a list of nine things I know about happiness:
- Progress towards meaningful goals contributes significantly to happiness.
- Happy people take time to do things that give them pleasure.
- Quality time with friends and family is top of the happiness list.
- Doing altruistic things for others creates enduring happiness.
- Expressing gratitude enhances your own wellbeing and the recipient’s.
- Regular exercise increases happiness.
- Positive experiences provide more enduring happiness than purchases.
- Beyond satisfaction of needs, more money does not make people significantly happier.
- We get no enduring pleasure from short cuts.
And a 10 point quiz for you to take to check out your own happy life. Vote – yes/no/sometimes:
- My days are filled with fresh new ideas, sights and experiences.
- I am able to try out different activities to learn and grow.
- My life gives me the opportunity to be curious, inquisitive and amazed.
- My days are filled with meaningful activities that I love doing.
- Most days I feel productive and proud.
- I am able to take time to be proactive and choiceful about my goals.
- My life provides me with time to care for other people.
- I have a beautiful blend of work and life.
- I am happy about the amount of time I spend on Family, Friends and Me.
- I review my activities constantly, eliminating those that don’t make me happy.
7/10 and above – Happiness Runs.